There is a constant demand for an integrated tool for urban or land use planning projects run by different stakeholders including elected representatives, technical departments, engineering firms, builders and utility operators.
The interactive 3D city model is a technical tool with which the planner can efficiently communicate relative to project impacts (integrating an urban planning project into a site or a neighborhood).
The need to represent complex large objects may also require digital modeling (structural works, heritage buildings, mechanical parts or infrastructure, etc.).
3D building modeling has different uses:
- Communication for the purposes of an urban planning or tourism development project:
- Visual impact on the site and its environment,
- Urban prospective or retrospective,
- Comparison of architecture projects,
- Ski resort master plan…
- Digital archiving of historic or industrial heritage sites:
- Listed buildings and sites,
- Industrial applications,
- Military or protected sites…
- Communicating about the results of a technical assessment:
- Size study:
- Monitoring the evolution of a natural or artificial site or structure:
- Wind turbine park,
- Sound and visual impacts related to the geometry of an infrastructure.
We handle the entire processing chain from acquisition of topographical and photographic data to their use.
This may involve the following components:
- Aerial acquisition vectors adapted to the level of resolution needed and site constraints:
- Single and twin engine planes,
- Fixed or rotary wing drones.
- Cameras: large and medium format, drone type sensors:
- 3D model production (built /vegetation/road infrastructures…),
- Texturing of models for photorealistic views.
- Airborne lidar: multi-echo, long range et high frequency:
- Production of DTM (natural terrain) / DSM (vegetation) / DEM (built).
- Static or dynamic terrestrial lidar (mobile mapping)
- Production of high resolution 3D models.
To produce the model, depending on the size of the surface to be modelled and the resolution required, different tools and software are used:
- Skyline technology: World leader in 3D spatial visualization in streaming: the Terra package (TerraBuilder and TerraExplorer) allows creation and rendering of complex geospatial data without spatial limitations
- 3DS or MAYA: We use it to create textured objects or small high resolution models
- RhinoTerrain and RhinoCity: this package is used to create textured urban models from real data such as roof curves, aerial images, point clouds or cadastral files
Commonly requested standard formats can be produced: IFC / CityGML…